Saturday, February 14, 2009

Teach Day

Weds. was my 1st teach day at TKD. Had a case of the nerves because I did not really know what to expect (I like to know details ahead of time.) and had never done anything like this. Sure, I have subbed at our local school and at Hudsons Pre-K but this is different. One thing is it is evening hrs. and these kids (& teachers) are kept active. Mr. Greene talked with me just before the 1st class about what to expect and what my duties would be and told me he thought I would be great at this. It will take time to learn all the kids names and build a relationship with them but I am looking forward to that. Eventually, I would like to teach TKD for a living, when Hudson is older (he wants to join instructor training, too). How cool would that be to have something we can both enjoy together when he is a teenager (assuming he will still think it is cool to have a Mom doing and teaching TKD).



Speaking of TKD, Hudson and I will be ramping up our classes and private lessons because we have a tournament in a couple of weeks. We both just got new colored belts so that means we both have new forms to learn and Hudson needs to learn his sparring steps. So, alot to get done in such a short time, especially for those of us who can't remember what we had or if we even had breakfast!!!! LOL

No comments: